Thursday, November 15, 2012
Frankenstein- Blog 2
As we learn more about Victor Frankenstein in Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, we learn about his creation. In Mary Shelley's version we see parts of the Frankenstein story that are unexpected and not like the movies or other stories told. In Shelley's version, the creator is terrified with what he has done as soon as the creature is brought to life. In other versions the creature is taken care of and nurtured. While reading Shelley's version, I did not expect Victor to be upset with the creation. I expected Victor to take a different approach to the way in which he reacted to the creature. He immediately ran away. "He might have spoken, but I did not hear; one hand was stretched out, seemingly to detain me, but I escaped, and rushed downstairs" (Shelley, 36). It was this bizarre reaction that took me by surprise. I completely expected Victor to be extremely happy and be excited to have finally mastered what he had spent so much time working on. It was not the reaction that other movies or stories portrayed either. This of course, is Shelley's version.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment