Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Never Let Me Go- Blog 4, Part 4 (LAST BLOG EVER IN AP LIT.... bittersweet moment)
As Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro concludes, we get a glimpse into how Kathy is alone. She had learned so many things from Miss Emily about the truths about Hailsham and being a donor. Tommy and her ended up together and Ruth completed, or died. In the end, Kath was on her own. She was the strongest one and Tommy and Ruth completed. All she had were the memories of both of them. "I lost Ruth, then I lost Tommy, but I won't lose my memories about them" (Ishiguro, 286). Kath was the definition of a clone who was different then all the others. She wondered about everything but she was so peaceful and almost perfect in the way she went around trying to find things out. She was the strongest of all of them, and in the end she was the last one standing. She did so holding on to all the memories that she had created as as semi-normal person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment