Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald- 3

        In The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, there seems to be a big emphasis on the two sides of New York called East Egg and West Egg. "I lived at West Egg, the-well, the less fashionable of the two, thought that is a most superficial tag to express the bizarre and not a little sinister contrast between them" [Fitzgerald, 5]. I begin to believe that in this time, there was a lot of criticism of a lot of things, just like I have talked about in my two previous blogs. There was even a better side of town to live in, when in reality it was the same city just split into different sections. I guess the only difference was what kind of people lived on each side of town and how elegant each town was. For some reason, I found this to be an interesting feature to blog about. It's peculiar but very interesting. The only thing I can think of is that it will pose some kind of problem with love and money. Nick, do not fall in love with someone from the East Egg...

No comments:

Post a Comment